Today I’m doing something different here and blogging on behalf of JISC at a briefing day on the “Infrastructure for education and research briefing day” funding call. The briefing is happening at Goodenough College in London, and kicks off with a “Welcome and overview of e-infrastructure innovation” by Neil Jacobs.
Neil starts with the Vision, and what Infrastructure means:
- Services, policies, tools, and frameworks
The vision talks about the persistence of information, and the extent to which it can be understood, trusted and reused – so semantics and provenance are key concepts.
Neil notes that programmes are supported by the Innovation Support Centres – that is UKOLN, CETIS and OSSWatch – and these also are key in ensuring coherence across projects and programmes.
Various places to look for information about the programme:
- The relevant hashtags are: #jiscaim, #inf11, #jiscpid, #jiscgeo, #rdtf, #jiscad
- Documentation on JISCPress: http://infrastructurecalloct2010.jiscpress.org, http://inf11briefingoct2010.jiscpress.org
- IE Blog/FAQ: http://infteam.jiscinvolve.org
- IE Repository: http://ie-repository.jisc.ac.uk
One thought on “INF11 – Infrastructure for education and research briefing day”