This blog post is written on behalf of JISC.
David stressing that projects in this area should have user facing/user interface expertise involved.
Details of this strand are at http://infrastructurecalloct2010.jiscpress.org/appendix-d-geospatial/, and a briefing paper is available at http://inf11briefingoct2010.jiscpress.org/geospatial/
Looking for 8-12projects, with total funding available £700k – David noting the very tight deadlines on these projects – 6 months – so projects with teams already in place will probably have an advantage.
Proposals required to:
- Contribute to wider geo community
- Define end user requirements
- Describe interoperability as part of other geospatial tools, services and infrastructure
- have experts in end user, geospatial data, and development
- Applicability to current and future policies – David mentions the Inspire Directive specifically
- Reuse existing tools/components where applicable
- Particiapte in programme activity (13 days)
- Support from Senior instituiton staff that active participation in community is viable – and that it fits with institutional strategy/objectives
Q: Look at LandMap – something that might be reused by projects
A: Absolutely – LandMap mentioned in briefing document – reuse important
Again David is on Skype as david.flanders