We make great use of our local libraries & some highlights of this year include
- Fabulous story time events which involved making lots of noise in the library, dancing, laughing and singing.
- Rhyme time with daughter, having recently changed my work patterns I now have more time home with the children so being able to attend session like this in a place I feel safe, comfortable and unintimidated in is great.
- Bryn taking part in Storylab, his enthusiasm in telling the librarian about all his favourite parts of the book and the pride when he received his medal for completing the summer reading challenge.
- Plenty of amazing reads especially Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan which I have had to buy a copy of for myself.
- The opportunity to try out a variety of reading scheme books for Bryn who has just started to learn how to read.
- Baking, icing & eating some delicious biscuits from cookery books borrowed from the library
- Craft projects for my to do list inspired by the various knitting, sewing, crochet and drawing books borrowed from the library
Showing our children the value of the library however is the main highlight.