Some bad news on the moving front – somehow our Mortgage application has gone missing between the financial services firm and the bank (Royal Bank of Scotland). They’ve now faxed through the application again, and we are waiting to hear the result. A very helpful guy from the financial services firm is going to give me a ring this afternoon to update us on the current situation.
It’s a bit of a pain, although I suspect it isn’t going to make much difference to the timing in the long run – I can’t see any reason that this will delay anything, since the survey has been done anyway, so it is only if RBS have problems with our application that it will affect us.
On other fronts we’ve now (I think) given our solicitor all the details we can. They will need to get some from the Property Management company (at a cost of £105.75) – if we’d managed to put the information together ourselves, we could have avoided this charge, but to be honest, I’ve come to see it as well worth the price to avoid the hassle (in fact, I’d have happily paid someone to do all the paperwork!)
More when we have it on this exciting story…